| || || |
Serving size 5ml
| || |
Amount per serving
5 Iu (5mg)
| || |
RDA:Recommended Daily Allowance*
| || |
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body. Approximately 99% of it is reserved in bones and teeth and has the main role in their strength and rigidity. The remaining 1% is in soft tissues and blood and affects many of the body processes including muscle contraction,the transmission of nerve signals, blood coagulation and lowering blood pressure. people of all ages need calcium. Children and adolescents must receive enough calcium for growth and development and having strong bones. Low intake of this mineral in children and infants exposes them to the risk of Rickets. Also, adults need calcium to prevent osteoporosis. It is especially important in women in menopause stage because in this period due to the reduction of sex hormones, bone mass density is reduced and the body will need more of this mineral. Since people through daily nutrition may not be able to receive their calcium requirements, the use of calcium supplements is necessary and essential because in the case of inadequate calcium intake, it is withdrawn from bones to keep it at normal levels in the blood.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is necessary for the absorption of calcium from intestines and reabsorption from kidneys. Magnesium is a mineral salt effective in the formation of bone crystals. Also, zinc strengthens the bone tissue.
Dosage and Administration
Children between 2-6 years: 5 ml daily
Children between 6-12 years: 5 ml twice a day
Adults: 5 ml 2-3 times a day
Oxalic acid contained in rhubarb, beetroot and spinach,phytic acid contained in seed and bran of cereals, phosphorus contained in dairy products and caffeine,all reduce calcium absorption. Avoid concurrent use.
Taking oral forms of calcium may cause digestive problems such as constipation, bloating, nausea and vomiting.
Concurrent use of Calcium and cardiac glycosides like digoxin, increases glycosides’ toxicity. So, taking calcium by patients treated with these drugs should be with special caution or not using it at all.
Concurrent use of calcium and phenytoin reduces the absorption of both.
Concurrent use of calcium and oral tetracycline may reduce the absorption of the latter due to the formation of the non-absorbable complexes and increase of the pH inside the stomach.
Consumption of this product interferes with warfarin.
In patients with kidney stone and chronic kidney defect, it should be used based on consultation with physician.
In patients who take anticoagulant drugs, especially warfarin, it should be used with caution and consultation with physician.
Not recommended during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Keep away from the reach of children.
Shake the bottle before use.
The orange flavor in the syrup makes it convenient for consumption by children.
Store at room temperature away from light and moisture and protect against freezing.
This product is a syrup packaged in 200 ml bottles.